Don’t know your Novella from your Sonnets, a Haiku from a Zine? Well Word Fest Toowoomba is giving you the chance to solve that.
Our aim, as a new chum on the Creative Arts scene, is not to duplicate the wonderful long-standing writers’ festivals already out there, but to open the hearts and minds of local Toowombaites and our SE Qld neighbours to the talent around all forms of WORDS at the Top of the Range.
With an outstanding depth of creativity to draw upon, our Collaboration Team is proud to present a program which offers
• Diversity – to interest existing and familiar authors to share and curious audiences the chance to gather to hear their words
• Practical advice to entice and boost budding writers
• Hands-on workshops for illustrators, poets, publishing, short-story writing, Zines and more
• Inclusivity of genres and adventures with WORDS – bringing the writing for business; awareness of disability; multicultural heritage and new authors to share their world of words
• Highlighting the songs and songlines of noted First Nations artists, performers and authors
• To bring WORD adventures to young children, Young Adults, families and friends with a range of school programs, ticketed workshops and free events in our Civic Spaces
• To show our beautiful Garden City via safe, exciting new venues across the city in the crisp clean winter air
We invite you to join us on our adventure